Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thailand, again.

Well I have been back in Thailand for about two weeks or so and realized how much I miss the beach and the ocean. My first stop was to Ko Phi Phi off of the west coast of Thailand. It was absolutely beautiful. The island has an isthmus in the middle with lots of really breath-taking views. the only bad part about it was that there were some many people. It was like spring break with a busy night life. It wasn't that bad considering that i met up with some friends from Long Beach and we couldn't think of a better way to catch-up than have a couple of Thai buckets and an evening swim.

From Phi Phi, we took off for Ko Tao for a little more mellow setting and some scuba. The overnight ferry that we took was more of a cargo ship that had a little deck space on the top for the 30+ people it was also carrying. it was a long night to say the least, but we made it. The island was awesome! The rest of the Long Beach crew wanted to get their open water scuba cert. and myself and another wanted to get our advanced cert. so it worked out perfectly for all of us to do 4 days of diving. My advanced dives consisted of a deep dive(100ft.), a navigational dive, search and recovery, fish identification, and a night dive. The night dive was my favorite out of all of them seconded by the deep dive. I could definitely feel the nitrogen narcosis at the end of that day and a cold beer chang never tasted so good.

At this point, since my birthday was right around the corner, we decided to make our way to Ko Phangan for the full moon party that just happened to be on my birthday. Pure craziness! there was probably 20 to 30 thousand people on the beach with all sorts of fire dancing, buckets, and anything else you can imagine. truly an experience to be a part of the whole thing. a word to the wise, use caution when at a full moon party. their were a couple of fatalities, one of which was right in front of our tuk-tuk on the ride back from the party. He was riding his motor bike and drinking a bucket at the same time. Use your head and know your limits!

At this point 4 of the girls from long beach have left and I'm hear in Krabi with the remaining two. They head out in a couple of days and so will I. Time to do some kayaking and rock climbing before i head off on my next adventure.

Jason

No comments: