Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas Time

I had booked a guesthouse in Mui Ne in Siagon because i was assured, by the travel agent, that all of the guesthouses would be full for the holiday. So i booked a room for 5 days and paid in advance for the whole amout. When i arrived there was no rooms available and the travel agant did not know what i was talking about. However, after some frustration that turned into a gaint(me) getting a little "upset" with the people that had skewed me, i got a very nice room and many apologies that made the holiday worth it.

I went out with a group of 9 people for a christmas eve dinner that turned into a vietnamese christmas party. The free drinks were flowing and the music was pumping and the limbo was getting lower and lower. I got second place in the contest which got me a stuffed animal and a sprained knee. After that long night i thought that i would take it easy on christmas and have a mellow dinner at the guest house with the family that owned it. After many "yo's", the vietnamese word for cheers, i was right back where i was the night before, dancing on a knee that needed more rest than spankin the planks. All in all, it was a great christmas with strangers that felt like my best friends.

No comments: